Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Flu Season



Floating balloon skull
 1
adrift clouds of crystal daggers
 2
this weightless edge
 3
of dulled desperation
 4
has exasperated my mind.
 5
I cradle my quiet urge to land on my knees
 6
face down pressing the cold ground,
 7
broken and surrendered
 8
to the weight of countless moons.
 9
 
 
I have a haunted child-
 10
it brings me dead flowers that neither smell nor look
 11
for anything much.
 12
Just a crumpled mess,
 13
just a life cut short of it's beauty,
 14
it's potential to radiate.
 15
 
 
I'm pathetic, pity this sad white face,
 16
acid breath, red cheeks, cracked by the wind of indifference.
 17
I'm old now too, this isn't endearing, this isn't palatable, this isn't cool.
 18
There is nothing to articulate, my reasons are minute and infinite.
 19
It's just malaise, a dulled pounding head
 20
with glimpses of short half formulated renderings
 21
of a whole picture, a sketch, smears of carbon
 22
by  a hand with stiff bones
 23
and a mouth,
 24
stale hollow slipping sordid soliloquies.
 25

No comments: