Thursday, July 1, 2010

We said No Questions

I can hardly tell
if you even like me
You are here but markedly guarded
You are evanescent, transparent
transfixing glass.
Somehow this attracts me deeply.
Like casted lovers floating
on a deep abysmal sea.

And as a faded evening wears thin
I am guided by a fleeting, flickering intuition.
Your body is a constellation
My primal navigational system.
Your movement tells me where I'm going
in and out of consciousness -
I may never come to.

Just tell me something honest
look me in the eyes
I'll demolish.

Say some sweet, honey words
Say anything real (revealing)
anything tender
I'll turn dust before
the night is through.

Like a star crossed night
in Casablanca with
no end to the story
no love and no glory
simply acknowledge
Here's looking at me
Here's looking at you.

No comments: